2012 Seoul International Student Forum
hit : 3022
Seoul International Student
The Seoul Global Center would like to invite international and Korean students, to become members of the Seoul International Student Forum (SISF) 2012. Here, you will have the opportunity to discuss your experiences and issues regarding living in Seoul, as well as the opportunity to present your ideas to the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
Who is eligible?
1. International students enrolled in
BA/MA/Ph.D, or Korean language
students who are enrolled at universities
2. Korean students at universities in Seoul.
*Admission will only be given to those
candidates who can stay in Korea
until Oct. 2012
*Only students at universities in Seoul are
eligible to apply.
How to join?
1. Application Period: April 23rd to May 13th
※ If you want to apply after the application
period, you will need to contact the
person in charge directly.
2. Please download the application form
from http://global.seoul.go.kr under
the “SGC programs” section.
3. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Interview schedule:
May 29th (Tue) ~ June 1st (Fri)
- Group interview
- After we process your application, an
interview schedule will be sent to
successful applicants via e-mail.
* When you come for an interview, please
bring a copy of your student ID card and
alien registration card.
What are the activities?
1. Workshop: overnight retreat
2. Policy Proposal Contest :
“Seoul I propose…”
- The goal of the forum is to have each
group of students propose constructive
ideas to the city of Seoul as well as
participate in the execution of
3. Official visits: DMC(Seoul Digital Media
City), Sky Park, the Office of Water works
4. Volunteering at Social Welfare Centers
* Activity programs are subject to change
without prior notification.
What are the benefits?
1. Eight active members will be selected
and given an opportunity to participate
in the Seoul Global Internship program
(4 for summer break, 4 for winter break).
2. Members who attend more than 80% of
all events qualify to receive an official
certificate of participation from the Mayor
3. Policy proposals may be introduced
on various media sources.
4. Members will tour organizations affiliated
with the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
5. Various networking opportunities and
increased exposure to other SGC and
Seoul Metropolitan Government‘s
6. Most of all, you will have fun while we
take you on special tours and activities
that will make your life in Seoul more