Notice of 2019 UIC International Students Track (Transfer Process)
1. Please refer to the attached file for 2019 UIC International Students Track Transfer process.
2. All of your application documents should be received by post before the document submissions deadline.
3. This application process is for international students, non-Korean with non-Korean parents.
4. Before sending the application form, please do write down your choice manually on the first page whether you come to UIC as Sophomore or Junior.
2019 UIC Transfer Process for International Students
1. Admissions Unit
(1) Generally, Underwood International College accepts transfer students to its junior class.
(2) International students (refer to the definition below) can apply for the UIC sophomore class.
(Applicants have to make their choices during online application.)
All applicants must belong to at least one of the two categories listed below.
(1) International students
International students are non-Korean citizens whose parents are both non-Korean citizens. A Korean citizen with dual citizenship is not considered an international applicant.
(2) Overseas Korean students
Students who have completed their entire academic years of pre-university education overseas or the equivalent.
3. Transfer to the Junior Class
Those who have completed their freshman and sophomore year or subsequent years, or received an AA (Associate of Arts) degree, at a foreign college or university can apply for transfer to the junior class of UIC.
Applicants who have been studying in a university must have earned 63 credits, or at least one half of the required credits necessary for graduation at their previous university (in case of the 3 year British universities, two thirds or more) to be considered as transfer students.
4. Transfer to the sophomore class
Application is allowed for international students only.
Those who have completed their freshman or subsequent years at a foreign college or university can apply for transfer to the sophomore class of UIC.
Applicants who have been studying at a university must have earned at least one-fourth of the required credits necessary for graduation at their previous university (in case of the 3 year British universities, one-third or more) to be considered as transfer students.
* Students(all applicants) who have earned credits from an exchange (visiting) college must receive confirmation of the credits from the previous university and receive a transcript (including the credits) from the previous university. The submission of the transcript must be made during the application period.
※ Qualification Notes
International schools located in Korea (including foreign army bases) and educational institutions for the purpose of language practice are not considered as overseas schools.
Applicants must have completed a process equivalent to the Korean education system’s elementary, middle and high school. (Elementary education is from grade 1 to 6, middle school is from grade 7 to 9, and high school is from grade 10 to 12.)
A student with dual citizenship, one of which is Korean, is not considered an international student.
Point of Contact
The application process for overseas and domestic Korean students is administered by the Yonsei Office of Admissions.