Student ID Card Issuance for 2019-1 Freshmen
1. Student ID Card
Yonsei Student ID Card provides convenience to its students with features not limited to identification but also include transportation (Refillable CashBee), check card, library and dormitory access, electronic attendance and lecture support.
2019-1 Undergraduate freshmen and transfer students who have completed registration
3. Student ID Number Search
Date and Time: From 10:00, February 14th (Thursday)
Yonsei Portal Service (https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp) → Undergraduate Course Enrollment → Find your Student ID (Freshmen/Transfer students)
4. Consent for Collection and Use of Personal Information in Issuing Student ID Card
A.Students who have agreed to the collection and use of their personal information may apply (1st Round of Application)
B. Purpose: Issuance of Student ID Card
C. Information Trustee/Contact: Woori Bank/02-2123-3198 (Yonsei Finance Center)
D. Personal Information Subject for Collection: Full Name, Student ID Number, Division/Major, Photo, Date of Birth, Contact Information
E. You will be asked for your permission when you first log-in to Yonsei Portal Service with your student ID number.
F. For those who have disagreed to provide their personal information in advance, please refer to number 6 below.
5. 1st Round of Application
A. Eligibility: Students who have completed registration before 3rd registration period and have agreed to the collection and use of their personal information
(*Korean national abroad and international students are subject to 2nd round of application.)
B. Application Period:
Feb. 15th (Fri.) 10:00~
Feb. 18th (Mon.) 23:59
1) Not allowed to apply before the designated period
2) During application, you may open a new Woori Bank account or connect your student ID card with your Woori Bank account, if you already have one.
C. Application Process:
Step 1: Yonsei Portal Service (https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp) → Academic Information System → Issue Student ID → Student ID/Identification Card Management → Issue Card → Agreement to Provide Personal Information to the 3rd Party
Step 2: Download Woori Bank WiBee Bank Application → Via student ID card issuance menu, apply for student ID card and etc.
1) Please proceed to “Step 2” after completing “Step 1.”
2) “Step 2” can only be completed using a mobile phone. You do not have to submit any document during “Step 2.”
3) Please prepare a default photo for you Student ID card in advance on your phone (File: JPG; Size: Under 200KB). – You can reduce the size of your image file to under 200KB by sending the image file via a messenger application to yourself and downloading it.
4) Only your Korean identification card or driver’s license may be used to prove your identity. If you do not such identification ready, you may either apply by visiting the Yonsei Finance Center located at the Student Union Building, Sinchon Campus yourself with your photo or apply during “2nd Round of Application.”
5) Only you yourself can apply since there exists a facial authentication process.
6) You may use another person’s phone to apply for a student ID card.
7) You must complete the application within 10 minutes after consenting to different agreements within the app.
8) “Step 2” is unavailable overseas so please apply during “2nd Round of Application” which starts from February 19th (Tues.).
9) Please be aware that if you press “back” during the WiBee Bank application process, the system would bring you back to the very beginning stage of the application.
*This is because the program is designed to not save your inputted personal information until you complete the whole application process.
6. 2nd Round of Application
1) Korean national abroad and international students
2) Students who have completed registration during 4th and 5th registration period
3) Students who were not able to apply during “1st Round of Application” (including those who disagreed to the collection and use of personal information in advance)
B. Application Period and Process
Feb. 19th (Tues.) 10:00~
(If you wish to receive your ID card from March 4th (Mon.), you should apply until February 20th (Wed.).)
1) You may open a Woori Bank account or apply for bank account linkage after you receive your ID card.
2) Method: Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Issue Student ID → Student ID Application → Agree to “Consent for Collection and Use of Personal Information” → Upload Photo → Confirm Application → End of Application
7. Student ID Card Issuance
A. Issuance Period (Applies to those who have applied until Feb. 20th)
1) Sinchon Campus: March 4th (Mon.), 5th (Tues.), 6th (Wed.), Woori Bank within Student Union Building (09:00~20:00)
2) International Campus: March 4th (Mon.), 5th (Tues.), 6th (Wed.), Woori Bank branch within Songdo Dormitory B (09:00~20:00)
B. After the above date, the card will only be available for issuance during Woori Bank operating hours (09:00~16:00).
C. No one other than you may pick up your ID card. Please have your personal identification ready (Korean ID Card, Korean Driver’s License, or Passport).
※ Without the student ID card, there would be inconvenience in accessing the dormitory, library and checking attendance for large classes.
8. Reporting Loss and Reissuance
You must report to both the university and the bank for loss of ID card.
(※ The money that used to be stored as electronic cash in your lost or stolen ID card is not subject for refund.)
A. Woori Bank Call Center (1588-9955): To stop all financial transactions (cash withdrawal, cash payment, and etc.)
B. Yonsei University Yonsei Portal (Refer to the reissuance process): To control building access and attendance
C. Check for faulty ID Card: Visit service center for check-up and then apply for reissuance
D. Application for Reissuance: Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Issue Student ID → Report Loss (Damage) → Student ID Application
E. Cost of Reissuance: 5,000 KRW (If you are applying for reissuance because of a faulty ID card within one year after issuance, then no fee is charged for reissuance.)
9. Mobile Student ID (Yonsei Y-MID)
A. Eligibility: Students who already have a physical Student ID Card and membership of their own at SK, KT, U+ Mobile
B. Issuance Process: Download Yonsei Mobile Student ID Card application (Refer to the manual)
C. Resolving error in downloading Mobile Student ID Card application:
Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Issue Student ID → Service → Notification #4
D. Collection and Use of Personal Information for Mobile Student ID Issuance
1) Purpose: Issuance of mobile student ID card and maintenance of related system
2) Information Trustee: Ubivelox (Tel. 02-3470-4951)
3) Information Collected and Used: Full Name, Student ID Number, Division/Major, Photo, Date of Birth, Contact Information
4) You will be asked for your permission when you download the Yonsei Mobile Student ID Card application.
10. Contact Information
A. Yonsei Service Center (Questions regarding status of issuance and schedule/General questions): 02-2123-3205
B. Ubivelox (Technical questions regarding mobile ID application and etc.): 02-3470-4951
C. Woori Bank (Question regarding Wibee Bank application): 1588-5000-0-2-2 OR 1599-5000-0-2-2
D. Woori Bank Yonsei Finance Center (Student ID Issuance): 02-313-3198 (Internal 313 OR 321)
Yonsei Service Center