2019-2 semester ID Card Issuance for Freshman (or Transfer Students) Schedule
1. ID Card
Yonsei student card created in partnership with Woori Bank is a multi-purpose card for ID cards, book check-outs, access to school facilities, bank check cards, transportation card (rechargeable CashBee), and electronic attendance.
2. Issued To
Freshman (Transfer Students) who have registered for University (or Graduate school) 2019- 2 semester
3. Student Number Lookup
1. College students: from August 13th(Tues) 10:00am, Yonsei Portal Service -> undergraduate course registration -> ID(Student number) lookup
2. Graduate school students: instruction from each graduate school.
4. 1st Application
1. Subject: Korean students who have agreed to provide personal information to the agency based on Yonsei University Personal Information Policy Article 4 ‘Matters concerning entrustment of personal information processing’ in the process of printing out the tuition bill.
(* Korean national abroad and international students can apply during the 2nd application period.)
2. Period: 2019. 8. 14(Wed) 10:00 ~ 19.(Mon) 17:00 (cannot apply before the application period)
3. How-to and Process (completion of the 2nd step is necessary for application)
- 1st step: Yonsei Portal Service _> log in (student ID number, temporary PW: 6 digits of date of birth) -> College information system -> Student ID -> Student ID application -> ‘Collection, use and processing of personal information’ agreement -> application after photo registration
- 2nd step: installation of Woori Bank WiBee Bank App on mobile phone -> University student ID application (see attachment 1 ‘University ID Card’ application manual)
*NOTE: 2nd step instruction*
I. You can apply only by mobile phone when you are in Korea (2nd application is required when you are abroad)
II. You can also apply with a cell phone of someone else’s name or a changed phone number
III. Save photos (JPG format of 200KB or less) files in your phone in advance – a size that you send a photo in normal quality and download it on WiBee Talk, etc.
IV. Identification without face-to-face interview is only valid for your resident registration card/ driver’s license
V. Application must be completed within 10 minutes after agreeing to the agreement
VI. Note: If you click ‘Back’ button during application, it will return to the first step of application
5. 2nd Application
1) Those who have passed, have registered for the registration of non-Korean students/foreign students and have agreed to provide personal information on Yonsei Portal.
2) Those who have passed, have not registered for the 1st application, and have agreed to provide personal information on Yonsei Portal.
2. Period: 8. 20.(Tues) 10:00 ~ 23.(Fri) 17:00 (cannot apply before the application period)
3. How-to: Yonsei Portal Service _> log in (student ID number, temporary PW: 6 digits of date of birth) -> College information system -> Student ID -> Student ID application -> ‘Collection, use and processing of personal information’ agreement -> application after photo registration
1. Schedule (only for Freshman(or transfer students) who applied by 8. 23(Fri) 17:00)
i. Sinchon campus: 9. 2.(Mon) ~ 9.4.(Wed), 09:00 ~ 20:00, Woori Bank at Student Union
ii. Songdo Interntional campus: 9. 2.(Mon) ~ 9. 4.(Wed), 09:00 ~ 20:00, Woori Bank branch at Songdo B building
2. After the above delivery period, pick-up will be only available during business hours(09:00 ~ 16:00) at the bank
*ONLY you can receive your identification card after presenting your ID (resident registration card/driver’s license/passport)
* If students who applied for a student ID card during or after the 2nd application period want to add a financial function when you receive a card at Woori Bank on campus, Korean students can immediately add a financial function and foreign students can add it after September with alien registration card and enrollment certificate at window.
7. Lost (Damaged) Report/ Replacement/ how long it will take
If your ID card is lost (damaged), please report it immediately to the school/bank to reduce any possible risk
1. Yonsei Portal Service: Suspension and application for re-issuance
* How-to: Yonsei Portal Service -> College information system -> Student ID -> Lost(Damaged) ID report -> Student ID application
2. Woori Bank Customer Service (1588-9955): Suspension of financial service (withdrawal, payment, etc.)
* If you lose your student ID card that has been charged for CashBee, you will not be able to receive the remaining balance.
*Those who have passed and applied for a student ID for the first time after the 2nd application period/ Freshman(or transfer students) who have applied for re-issuance during the semester can collect their card at the bank about a week after the applied date.
8. Mobile Student ID (Yonsei Y-MID)
1. Subject: Freshman(or transfer students) who have received a (plastic) student ID card in September, have joined SKT, KT, U+ Mobile in your own name, and have agreed to the agreement ‘collection and use of mobile student ID card personal information ’
2. How-to: Install Yonsei University mobile student ID/ID application from Play Store (see attachment 2 manual)
i. You can activate either your plastic student ID card or mobile student ID
ii. You cannot use de-activated card
3. Troubleshooting installation error of mobile ID card application: see Mobile ID Card menu -> Notice ‘Mobile ID app error code and solution’ or see attachment 3 manual
1. General: Comprehensive Service Center (02-2123-3205)
2. WiBee Bank App: Woori Bank(1588-5000-0-2-2 or 1599-5000-0-2-2)
3. Yonsei Finance Center Student ID Delivery: Woori Bank(02-313-3198 -> ext. 323 or 313)
4. Mobile Student ID (Yonsei Y-MID) App: YoobiVelox (02-3470-4951)