Professor for Education and Globalization, IBS Center of Nanomedicine at Yonsei University, 2018
High School Head of Science, IB Chemistry, Seoul Foreign School, 2011–2017
Associate Professor of Biology, Sungkyunkwan University, 2010 – 2011
Associate Professor of Biology, Brevard College, Brevard, NC, 2000 – 2010
Lecturer, Dept. of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, 2009 – 2010
Researcher, Innovative Drug Research Center for Metabolic and Inflammatory Disease, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, 2008 – 2009
Visiting Scientist, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (Summer), 2006, 2007
Business Analytical Chemist, Union Carbide Corporation (Summer), 1989, 1992
Courses and Current Research Areas
SED1001 INTRODUCTION TO INTEGRATED SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
BIO1001 GENERAL BIOLOGY (1)
BIO1002 GENERAL BIOLOGY (2)
ESE3004 UNDERSTANDING CLIMATE CHANGE SCIENCE
UBC3001 INDUSTRIAL BIOCONVERGENCE
SED3001 JUNIOR INDEPENDENT STUDY
NSE3011 NANO-BIO TECHNOLOGY
• Jin-Sup Park, Jennifer M. Frost, Kyunghyuk Park, Hyonhwa Ohr, Guen Tae Park, Seohyun Kim, Hyunjoo Eom, Ilha Lee, Janie S. Brooks, Robert L. Fischer, and Yeonhee Choi. 2017. Control of DEMETER DNA demethylase gene transcription in male and female gamete companion cells in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 114(8):2078-2083.
• Kyunghyuk Park, Jennifer M. Frost, Adam James Adair, Dong Min Kim, Hyein Yun, Janie S. Brooks, Robert L. Fischer, and Yeonhee Choi. 2016. Optimized methods for the isolation of Arabidopsis female central cells and their nuclei. Molecules and Cells 39(10):768-775.
• Guen Tae Park, Jennifer M. Frost, Jin-Sup Park, Tae Ho Kim, Jong Seob Lee, Sung Aeong Oh, David Twell, Janie S. Brooks, Robert L. Fischer, and Yeonhee Choi. 2014. Nucleoporin MOS7/Nup88 is required for mitosis in gametogenesis and seed development in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 111(51):18393-18398.
• Brooks, S. C. III, Brooks, J.S., Lee, W. H., Lee, M. G., and Kim, S. G. 2009. Therapeutic potential of dithiolethiones for hepatic diseases. Pharmacology & Therapeutics 124:31-43.
• Kim, Y. W., Lee, S. M., Shin, S. M., Hwang, S. J., Cho, I. J., Brooks, J. S., Kang, H. E., Kim, S. C., and Kim, S. G. 2009. Efficacy of sauchinone as a novel AMPK-activating candidate for the treatment of iron-overload liver disease. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 47:1082-1092.
• Brooks, Janie S. 2009. The emergence of behavioral testing of fishes to measure toxicological effects. Toxicological Research 25:9–15.
• MacPhail, R.C., Brooks, J., Hunter, D.L., Padnos, B., Irons, T.D. and Padilla, S. 2009. Locomotion in larval zebrafish: influence of time of day, lighting and ethanol. Neurotoxicology 30:52–58.
• Brooks, J. S. and P. Feeny. 2004. Seasonal variation in Daucus carota leaf-surface and leaf-tissue chemical profiles. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 32:769-782.
• Brooks, Janie Sue. 2000. Chemical signals on leaf surfaces: keys to recognition by ovipositing insects. Dissertation. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
• Brooks, J. S., Williams, E. H., and Feeny, P. P. 1996. Quantification of the contact oviposition stimulants for the black swallowtail butterfly, Papilio polyxenes, present on the leaf surfaces of wild carrot, Daucus carota. Journal of Chemical Ecology 22(12):2341–57.
• Shinn, J. S. 1992. Terpenes produced by Liquidambar styraciflua: toxicity and variation in production. Honors research paper No. 37, Cumberland College. 52 pp.