UIC is accepting applications for the Visiting Students Program (VSP) at Barnard College in New York City. We encourage many of you to participate in this UIC-exclusive program!
Barnard is a prestigious liberal arts college for women in New York City founded in 1889. Although Barnard has its own campus, faculty, and administration, through the Barnard-Columbia partnership, visiting international students (VISP) will be able to enroll in the courses offered at Columbia and take part in a great variety of student organizations on both campuses.
2020 Spring Semester (1 semester)
More Details on VISP Website
VSP students must pay tuition fees to both Yonsei and Barnard:
- Tuition to Barnard is $3,053 per semester, NOT including room, board, medical insurance, student and orientation fees.
- VSP students will be given half of the UIC tuition as a scholarship.
UIC students who have completed at least their second semester and, have a GPA of 3.0 or above on 4.3 scale are qualified to apply for VSP.
※ Important Notes:
- Please note that only female students can apply for this program
- A student who has participated in other exchange/visiting/study abroad programs for more than 1 semester cannot apply for Barnard College.
- A student who have been nominated by the Office of International Affairs for other exchange/visiting/study abroad programs for Spring 2020 cannot apply for Barnard College.
Required Documents (Application Materials)
a) Cover Sheet (see attachment)
b) An essay describing why you wish to spend the spring semester at Barnard College (500 words or less)
c) A Curriculum Vitae
d) A copy of the identification page of your passport
e) An official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report (for non-native English speakers only)
* The test date must be after March 1st, 2018.
f) An official university transcript (English version)
g) Two (2) letters of recommendation from university professors
h) A high school transcript (optional)
Please submit the all application materials outlined above to the UIC Sinchon office by Friday, October 11th, 2019.
*Please note that the deadline for submission may change depending on the circumstances of the host university. It will be fixed by end of September.