Information on Entry to Korea for International Students for Spring 2021
□ COVID-19 (PCR) Test Information
1. Students flying to Korea must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result certificate within 72 hours from the date of departure and submit the negative PCR test result certificate upon the arrival at Incheon Airport.
- If the negative PCR test result certificate does not meet the required standards or if the student does not submit the negative PCR test result certificate, entry will be denied.
※ If the date of departure is January 10, 2021 at 10:00, only documents issued after January 7, 2021 at 00:00 will be accepted
※ Only genetic detection tests are accepted (Real-time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction), other tests are not accepted
※ However, if it is issued in a local language, a Korean or English translation and translation certification documents (official proof of translation*) must be submitted together.
* Certificate of translation, etc. notarized by an official organization in the country of departure.
2. You must undergo a COVID-19 (PCR) test at the airport if you have COVID-19 symptoms upon the arrival. If you do not have any symptoms, you must get tested at the clinic near the quarantine location within 24 hours from the arrival time.
3. It is a mandatory to undergo a COVID-19 (PCR) test at a clinic near the quarantine site before the end of self-quarantine period (14 days).
4. Please refer to the attached FAQ document for more information related to the COVID-19 (PCR) test.
□ Information on Moving and Self-Quarantine after the Arrival
1. You must install the “Self-Quarantine Safety Protection App” (자가격리자 안전보호 앱) at the airport upon the arrival and must go to the self-quarantine location (or a clinic) directly from the airport.
- You must thoroughly take preventive measures, such as wearing a mask. If you do not wear a mask, a penalty worth of KRW 100,000 may be imposed.
2. Self-quarantine must be done in a space where you can be isolated for 14 days and you must follow the guidelines of local governments and universities, such as not leaving the quarantine location.
- During the self-quarantine period, you must enter your self-diagnosis information on a daily basis on the “Self-Quarantine Safety Protection App” (자가격리자 안전보호 앱), and if you see yourself having COVID-19 symptoms, you must promptly notify the local government and the university.
3. If the self-quarantine guidelines are violated, such as leaving the quarantine location without an authorization, you may be required to wear a location tracking wrist band, be quarantined in a separate quarantine facility (at your own expense), subjected to pay a fine or forced to depart the country.
- If a self-isolation violator is infected with COVID-19, the violator will pay the full cost of medical treatment.
□ Guidance in case of a COVID-19 Positive Result
1. If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 (PCR) test, you will be treated in isolation at a hospital or residential treatment centre.
2. The treatment costs are borne by the person or the Korean government in accordance with the principle of reciprocity between countries.
- For details, please call 1339, the call centre number 5 (operated from 09:00 to 18:00) or the notice (entrants and overseas travellers to Korea) in the Coronavirus Disease-19, Republic of Korea (ncov.mohw.go.kr).
3. An individual will be fully responsible for the quarantine and the treatment cost if he or she violates regulations such as violating quarantine regulations, forging the negative COVID-19 PCR test result certificate.
□ Other notes
For other information related to COVID-19, please refer to the Coronavirus Disease-19 official website (ncov.mohw.go.kr) and the Study in Korea website (www.studyinkorea.go.kr).