1. Qualified Applicants
* Dismissed students
- due to failure to complete their enrollment during the designated period
- due to failure to return after the allowed leave of absence period expires
- due to academic warnings and 2 years or more have passed since dismissal date
- due to exceeding the maximum semester limit
- voluntary withdrawal
2. Application Unit
A few numbers from all majors except for Pharmacy
* Students affiliated to the Department of Law which was abolished can apply re-admission only to the Department of Public Administration.
* Students affiliated to the College of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing should contact the office of each college for re-admission information.
3. Re-Admission Procedures(Document Screening)
1) 1st Review: Office of Academic Affairs Review
2) 2nd Review: College Review Committee (College/Major Department Review)
3) 3rd Review: Re-Admission Committee Review
* If necessary, additional written test or interview could be administered.
＊If evaluated as not qualified in any of the above screening procedures, re-admission is not allowed.
4. Documents for Submission
Log in on the Academic Management System (portal.yonsei.ac.kr) and proceed on the Student Record-> Re-admission application menu.
1) Documents to be created in system
(1) Petition for Re-admission
(2) Written Oath
2) Documents to be uploaded to the system
(1) Academic Plan (attached form) with the signature of the academic advisor
(2) Credit Acquisition Status: Download PDF of the status table generated through self-diagnosis after inquiring the status of credit acquisition in the system
(3) Certificate of academic record(학적증명서) which can be issued on Yonsei Portal System
1) Application Period: 11.27. (Mon) ~12. 8. (Fri) 9 a.m. ~ 5 p.m.
2) Application via Yonsei Portal System : Visit the Yonsei Portal System (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Log in → Academic Management System → Student Record → Re-admission
3) Announcement of the result: 12. 29. (Thurs)
* Visit the Yonsei Portal System (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Log in → Academic Management System → Student Record → Re-admission → Re-admission Result
1) After re-admitted, students MUST register and cannot take a leave of absence during the 1st semester.
2) The academic records (Period of attendance, Academic warning(s), Earned credits, Grades. etc.) before dismissal remain.
- Re-Admitted students who used up all the chances of leave of absence before re-admission, cannot take a leave of absence after the re-admission.
- Re-Admitted students should graduate within 12 semesters (Students originally admitted as freshman) including the semesters they have already attended. If they exceed the maximum period of enrollment, they will be dismissed. Students who were dismissed due to exceeding the maximum semester limit can graduate within 16 semesters (For 3rd year Transfer Students, 8 semesters, total)
- Academic warning(s) students received before dismissal will remain effective. Students who were dismissed due to academic warnings will be dismissed when receive one academic warning.
3) Re-Admission is allowed only once.
When students give up re-admission after getting accepted, re-admission is not allowed ever again.
4) Applicants cannot take summer/winter courses before they have been officially granted re-admission.
5) Re-Admitted students cannot apply for a change of affiliation.
6) Until the start of the semester after re-admission, taking courses during the summer session is not allowed.