Important Notice for
Novel Coronavirus Infection Prevention and Control
Updated February 6, 2020
Yonsei University will implement the following measures to prevent the spread and infection of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Detailed guidance related to emergency measures will be announced separately by each department. We request your support and cooperation as we work together to ensure the safety of all members of the Yonsei community.
1. Changes in Academic Schedule for Spring 2020 Semester
1) Postponement of Semester Start Date: The starting date of the Spring Semester will be delayed two (2) weeks to March 16, 2020. (Schedule is subject to change depending on the development of the coronavirus situation).
2) Course enrollment period will be delayed one (1) week. During the enrollment period, students' travel history to China or Southeast Asian countries will be rechecked.
- Course Enrollment for Sophomores and above: Feb. 17, 2020 (Mon.) 09:00 - Feb. 21, 2020 (Fri.) 17:00
- Course Enrollment for Freshmen (First-Years): March 12, 2020 (Thur.) 09:00 - 17:00
- Course Add & Drop Period: March 19, 2020 (Thur.) 08:00 - March 23, 2020 (Mon.) 17:00
2. Dates for Dormitory Move-In
To be announced
3. [Sinchon Campus] Fitness Center and Swimming Pool will be closed for one (1) month.
Specific dates will be announced soon.
4. The University’s general policy will be to cancel all major events on campus until the national infectious disease alert level is lowered.
1) All events to be attended by more than 100 people will be canceled, including off-campus events.
2) In the case of small-sized events, the organizer must confirm that no attendees have traveled to China within the last two (2) weeks of the event. Attendees must wear masks, and hand sanitizers must be available onsite.
3) No new space rental will be permitted until the national infectious disease alert level is lowered.
5. Follow-up Measures for 2020 Commencement (Graduation Ceremony)
1) The upcoming February Commencement will be postponed and jointly held with August Commencement. (i.e., Students graduating in February are to participate in August Commencement)
2) Students who cannot attend August Commencement for personal reasons (such as traveling) can borrow graduation gowns during the February gown rental period. The rental period for each undergraduate/graduate department is subject to change.
6. Limited Access to Buildings with Multiple Entrances
To prevent the spread of the virus, buildings with multiple entrances such as the Central Library will be restricted to one (1) to two (2) entries. Body temperature check-ups may be conducted at the entrances.
2020. 2. 6. (Thu)