UIC-Exclusive Exchange Program at Amherst College -Fall 2021
On January 14th, 2019, Underwood International College signed a student exchange agreement with Amherst College, one of the best liberal arts colleges in the world, paving the way for UIC to become a globally renowned liberal arts institution.
Amherst College began in 1821 and is ranked as the best liberal arts college in the United States for 2021 by Times Higher Education. This partnership agreement with Amherst College will further expand UIC’s global network.
The student exchange has been open starting from the spring 2020 for UIC students. It is Amherst College’s first student exchange agreement with a university in Korea.
Students who are interested in Amherst College, where you will get an amazing liberal arts education, are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Participants will be provided with a scholarship valued at ½ of UIC’s tuition
*Room and Board Benefits are also included.
* We have only one spot for fall 2021 semester.
I. Application schedule
1. Application deadline: Friday, Dec 11, 5:00 PM.
2. Interview: Wednesday, Dec. 16 (TBD)
* Interviews are offered by invitation only (email notification)
3. Notification: End of December (TBD)
II. Documents to submit
*Email the following documents to email@example.com by the application deadline.
1. Completed application form (attached)
2. A copy of your transcript
3. A copy of your TOEFL score
III. Important Notes for Application
1. Academic Requirements
① Completion of Semesters: Applicants must have completed at least two semesters at Yonsei. Nationality will not be considered as a conditions of eligibility.
② GPA: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.3 scale. Grades for fall 2020 will be posted in January, 2021. This means the grades for fall 2020 will not be taken into consideration for fall 2021 Exchange Student Program.
2. Students should pay tuition fees to Yonsei in accordance to its academic schedule (just as if you were attending classes at Yonsei), instead of paying international tuition at Amherst College.
3. Room and Board Benefits: Students will pay room and board expenses to the UIC based on the rate provided and the room and board at Amherst College will be provided.
4. Participants will be provided with a scholarship valued at ½ of the UIC tuition, unless the student is a recipient of another Yonsei scholarship.
5. Cancellations or any changes made to your exchange/visiting student program after confirmation (by fault of the student) will result in disqualification for further opportunities to apply for future UIC-exclusive exchange/visiting programs, as well as university-wide exchange/visiting programs. If students apply to Amherst College exchange program and fail to be nominated, they can apply to UIC’s other exclusive exchange/visiting programs or to university-wide exchange/visiting programs in January.
6. The final decision regarding admission will be made by the host university. Even though students are nominated by Yonsei, the host university has the authority to reject students who are considered unqualified by their standards.
7. Compared to other exchange programs at Yonsei, the Amherst College exchange agreement differs in the selection process and in the Room and Board benefits. However, the follow-up procedure is the same as the other exchange programs.
Contact: 02-2123-3926 / firstname.lastname@example.org