1. Qualified Applicants
1) Dismissed students
- due to failure to complete their enrollment during the designated period
- due to failure to return after the allowed leave of absence period expires
- due to academic warnings and 2 years or more have passed since dismissal date
- due to exceeding the maximum semester limit
- voluntary withdrawal
2) Dismissed transfer students(general transfer, undergraduate transfer, military commission), Dismissed students who changed their affiliations
2. Application Unit
A few numbers from all majors except for Physical Education and Pharmacy.
* Students affiliated to Department of Law which was abolished can apply re-admission only to Public Administration Major.
* Students affiliated to College of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy should contact their college office.
3. Re-Admission Procedures(Document Screening)
1) 1st Screening: Office of Academic Affairs Review
2) 2nd Screening: College Review Committee(College/Major Department Review)
3) 3rd Screening: Re-Admission Committee Review
＊If you are considered improper in any of the above screening procedures, re-admission is not allowed.
4. Documents for Submission
1) Re-admission Application Form(prescribed form) 1 copy
2) Petition for Re-admission(prescribed form) 1 copy
3) Academic Plan(prescribed form) 1 copy
* The procedure for confirming the department Chair should be conducted.
4) Written Oath(prescribed form) 1 copy
5) Official Transcript 1 copy
6) 학적증명서 1부 (Certificate of academic record issued in korean only)
* A copy of official transcript and a copy of 학적증명서 can be issued on Yonsei Portal System or at University Service Center(Baegyangnuri B1).
* If necessary, additional written test or interview could be administered.
1) Application Period: 5. 24. (Mon) ~ 6. 4. (Fri) 9:00am ~ 5:00pm
2) Document Submission: Office of Academic Affairs(Underwood Hall B101)
* Additional Notice on Document Submission of Re-Admission Appication
Due to the recent spread of COVID-19 infection on and off campus , you can also submit the re-admission application documents via e-mail.
1) Submit the Application Documents in PDF format by Email and Make a Confirmation Call After scanning the application documents, please attach the scanned files in PDF format and submit them by email within the application deadline. Also, please note that you must call the Academic Support Team right after submitting documents to make sure your documents are well received. (If you don't call the office after submitting documents, your documents will not be accepted.)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- College of Liberal Arts / College of Commerce & Economics / College of Business / College of Theology / College of Social Science / College of Music / College of Sciences in Education / College of Human Ecology : TEL 82-2-2123-2091
- College of Science / College of Life Science and Biotechnology / University College : TEL 82-2-2123-2095
- College of Technology / UIC / Global Leaders College : TEL 82-2-2123-2087
2) Important Notes about E-mail Submission
- If there is no confirmation call after submitting documents, your documents will not be accepted.
- E-mail submission can only be checked within the given application period and time. (Confirmation process must be completed by Friday June 4, 2021 5PM)
- Academic Plan Form: The procedure for confirming 학부대학 (for UIC students: C.C chair) is ommited. But, the procedure for confirming the department Chair should be conducted by non-face-to-face counseling (including e-mail counseling).
- All application documents for e-mail should be submitted only by PDF files. (Image files cannot be accepted.)
3) Announcement of the result: 2021. 6. 30. (Wed)
* Visit the Yonsei Portal System (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Log in → Academic Management System → Student Record → Re-admission → Re-admission Result
6. Please Pay Attention to the Following
1) After re-admitted, students MUST register and cannot take a leave of absence during the 1st semester.
2) The academic records (Period of attendance, Academic warning(s), Earned credits, Grades. etc.) before dismissal remain.
- Re-Admitted students who used up all the chances of leave of absence before re-admission, cannot take a leave of absence after the re-admission.
- Re-Admitted students should graduate within 12 semesters (criteria: Students originally admitted as freshman) including the semesters they have already attended. If they exceed the maximum period of enrollment, they will be dismissed. Students who were dismissed for due to exceeding the maximum semester limit can graduate within 16 semesters (3rd year Transfer Student: within 8 semesters).
- Academic warning(s) students received before dismissal will still remain effective. Students who were dismissed due to academic warnings will be dismissed when receive more than one academic warning.
3) Re-Admission is allowed only once.
4) When students give up re-admission after getting accepted, re-admission is not allowed ever again.
5) Applicants cannot take summer/winter courses before they have been officially granted re-admission.