[ASD Only] Declaring / Changing Major and Double Major
Declaring / Changing Major, Double Major
1. First Major
UIC Asian Studies Division (ASD) students in their 2nd semester do not need to declare the major and will be automatically designated as Asian Studies majors at the end of their 2nd semester. It will be reflected on Yonsei Portal as of Sep. 1st, 2022.
Even though students’ major does not show up on the Yonsei Portal before Sep. 1st, 2022, during the registration period students’ mileage will be vetted according to the major they applied for.
2. Second Major (Optional)
UIC Asian Studies Division (ASD) students may apply for their 2nd major among any majors offered at Yonsei which has announced open spots on the portal. ASD students may also apply for their 2nd major among UIC Underwood Division, 7 other majors within HASS Division, and Integrated Science and Engineering Division majors.
However, there is a selection process for UD, 7 other majors within HASS Division and ISED majors, as well as majors offered outside of UIC. Students must submit a "Reason for Application & Desired Career" and a "Study Plan" through the portal.
■ Applicable Students
1. First Major
• Declaring 1st Major: Students in their 2nd semester
ASD students will be automatically declared as AS majors at the end of their 2nd semester, and it will be reflected on the Yonsei Portal as of Sep. 1st, 2022.
=> ASD students cannot change their first major within UIC.
2. Second Major (Optional)
• To select UD, 7 other majors within HASS Division, ISED as a 2nd Major
-Declaring 2nd Major: Students (including those on a leave of absence) can apply for a double major after they complete the third semester up until the semester prior to the final semester (the previous semester of the graduating semester, 졸업직전학기).
-Changing 2nd Major: Students who have already declared their 2nd major (including those on a leave of absence) can apply for a change of double major up until the semester prior to the final semester (the previous semester of the graduating semester, 졸업직전학기).
■ How to Apply for a 2nd Major within UIC (Optional)
1. Go to the online Yonsei Portal Services at http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/index.jsp
2. Click on "Academic Management System (Degree Programs)” and log in.
3. Choose the “Majors” menu from the left menu frame
In order to apply for a 2nd major within UIC, click on “Second Major (UIC)”
A. To apply for a 2nd major from UD, HASS, ISED
1) Select your desired major.
2) Fill out and save the "Reason for Application & Desired Career" and "Study Plan."
3) You can check your application status by clicking on the "Result" tab. Results will be announced in early September.
1. UIC ASD students will be automatically declared as AS majors at the end of their 2nd semester, and it will be reflected on Yonsei Portal on Sep. 1st, 2022. UIC ASD students cannot change their 1st major within UIC.
2. To declare a 2nd major from UIC UD, HASS, ISED, students admitted in 2012 and thereafter are allowed to apply after they complete the 3rd semester and may change it by the semester prior to the final semester (the previous semester of the graduating semester, 졸업직전학기). Students have to undergo a selection process to choose UD, HASS, ISED majors as a second major and each major department will select successful candidates among applicants.
3. Declaring 2nd majors/changing applications after the designated period will not be accepted.
* If you want to re-apply after canceling the approved double major, you must submit a double major withdrawal form before the double major application period begins. (Double majors can be canceled until the semester before graduation). You cannot apply again for a canceled major.
* If you have been approved for a double major (second major), you can apply for a third major during the application period for graduation (or completion) without prior approval. However, if the student fails to fulfill the graduation requirement for a double major (second major), the third major is automatically canceled and graduation (or completion) is not possible.
Underwood International College
Tel) 032-749-3761 E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org