The Course Withdrawal for Emergency is implemented only for the 2020 Spring semester courses to remedy the unfair evaluation result endowed unrelated to students’ learning abilities or efforts such as unstable network environment and poor IT devices in online/non-face-to-face classes under the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Applicable Students : Undergraduates of Sinchon Campus(including the International Campus) who have completed the 2020 Spring semester.
※ Students who took courses during 2020 spring semester and have not yet applied for Course Withdrawal for Emergency (including students who are currently on a leave of absence and on a military leave) can apply for Course Withdrawal for Emergency during the course withdrawal period in Spring 2022. The Course Withdrawal for Emergency will be available only until 2023 Fall semester and will not be available from 2024 Spring semester.
- Those who graduated or in the state of ‘Completion of Bachelor’s Degree’, and Dismissed Students cannot apply.
- 2022 Fall semester Medicine/Dentistry College students cannot apply.
2. Applicable Courses for Withdrawal
One course completed in 2020 Spring semester except for P/NP graded courses. At least one course must remain completed after withdrawal.
3. Course Withdrawal Period for Emergency: October 27 (Thu) 09:00 ~ October 31 (Mon) 23:59
- Cancellation of withdrawal is possible through the Yonsei Portal during the same period.
- Withdrawal cannot be cancelled after the course withdrawal period.
- Students who wish to graduate or be in ‘Completion of Bachelor’s Degree’ status must check whether the course withdrawal does not result in lack of graduation requirements.
4. Recalculating GPA after Course Withdrawal for Emergency
Recalculated GPA will be updated on November 4 (Fri) 15:00, and can be checked at the Yonsei Portal Service (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/ → Academic Information System → Academic Management System (Degree Programs) → Course → Grading Browse).
The withdrawn course will be marked as ’WE (Withdrawn for Emergency Situation)’ instead of grade on the transcript and be excluded from GPA calculation.
1) Students with the course withdrawal are not eligible for academic honors even if their GPAs meet the requirements.
2) 2020 Spring semester academic warnings, academic warning dismissals, academic honors given based on the original GPA before withdrawal will remain effective.
3) The original GPA before withdrawal is applied to screening the qualification for the grants and scholarships, student loans of the Korea Student Aid Foundation.
4) The original GPA before withdrawal is applied to screening the qualification for internal and external scholarships.
Q1) I am currently retaking the course I have taken in the 2020 Spring semester. What happens to this course if I withdraw the course I have taken in the 2020 Spring semester?
A1) Current course will be counted as your first attempt. The number of repeating chance will be restored and the maximum grade constraint of A0 that applies to the retaking course will not be applied, either.
Q2) What happens to the exempt grade and credit for the course I had previously taken if I withdraw from the course I have retaken in the 2020 Spring semester?
A2) Even if you withdraw from the course retaken in the 2020 Spring semester, the grade and credit that were exempt due to “Repeating” the course will not be restored.
Q3) If I am unable to apply for the Course Withdrawal for Emergency due to personal reasons, are there any further opportunity for course withdrawal?
A3) You can apply for the withdrawal during the withdrawal period of the semester you return to school. Course Withdrawal for Emergency will be available only until 2023 Fall semester and will not be available from 2024 Spring semester.