Mandatory Obligation of Incoming Foreigners to Submit “Confirmation of Negative PCR”
Greetings from Yonsei Office of International Affairs.
According to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KCDC), all foreigners entering Korea from overseas must submit “Confirmation of Negative PCR” (the laboratory certificate PCR proven free of infection with COVID19), so please refer to the following when preparing to enter Korea.
- Subject : all foreigners entering Korea
- How to Submit : Submit Confirmation of Negative PCR at the quarantine inspection stage at airport
※ Only those issued within 72 hours from the local departure date are acceptable
- Enforcement Period : From January 8th (Fri), 2021, 0:00 (Based on arrival time)
※ Apart from the obligation of submission of the Confirmation, all foreigners are subject to self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of entry, and must undergo COVID-19 test at the airport(if symptomatic) or at the local public health center(if asymptomatic) within 72 hours from the date of entry.
In addition, in the case of the metropolitan area, temporary screening inspection centers have been installed so that anyone can perform COVID-19 tests regardless of symptoms and epidemiological associations.
[Guidelines for the operation of temporary screening
inspection offices in the metropolitan area]
- Operation Period : 2020. 12. 14 (Mon) ~ 2021. 1. 17. (Sun)
- Operating Hours : 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
※ Operating hours may vary by screening offices, so please check in advance
- Purpose : Free inspection anonymously regardless of the country of origin (foreigners included)
- Location : Check the government’s blog ‘Hello Policy’(https://blog.naver.com/hellopolicy)