UNOSD will be organizing 4th Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Youth Summer Camp in close partnership with Yonsei University (YU) and the Korea Environment Corporation (K-eco). The camp will be held at Incheon, the Republic of Korea from 20 July (Preliminary Workshop), 10 – 13 August 2020 (Main Camp). The objective of the camp is to enhance the youth’s knowledge on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and foster their leadership skills, with design-thinking, critical-thinking, and engagement through dialogues and exercises on the SDG implementation.
In this regard, UNOSD would like to announce the Call for Application to encourage interested youth to apply and participate in this timely event. Please see below for specific details of the event and application. The summer camp will be conducted in English.
Please download the offical posters:
Call for Application
- Preliminary Workshop: Monday, 20 July 2020 at Korea Environment Corporation (K-eco) Yeouido Training Office in Seoul (the venue for the pre-workshop is subject to change)
- Main Camp: Monday, 10 August 2020 - Thursday, 13 August 2020 at Yonsei University International Campus, Incheon
- No registration fee
- Daily meals and stay in the university residences during the camp will be covered by the organizers except for travel expenses to and from the venue
- Those who successfully complete the programme will receive certificates
- The best presenting groups will receive awards and have an opportunity to make a presentation during the 2020 Sustainable Development Transformation Forum which will be organized by UNOSD on October 2020 (details to be confirmed later)
The objectives of the SDGs Summer Camp will include but are not limited to the following:
- Build and enhance knowledge of the youth on the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, and their capacity and contribution;
- Foster youth leadership skills, with design-thinking, critical-thinking, and engagement through dialogues and exercises on SDG implementation;
- Provide opportunities for networking among youth; and
- Expand the host institution’s partnership with youth leaders for the SDGs
- Korean national and foreigners born between 1992 and 2002 (70 participants will be selected)
- The participants will be selected based on their motivation, capacities and English proficiency while ensuring gender and geographical balance.
How to Apply
- Please complete and submit an application through google form at: https://forms.gle/Ntm7wAAV3eSEoM49A - application link will open on Thursday, 21 May 2020
- Please attach any relevant documents, certificates, test scores and motivation statements (less than 500 words) unto the google form in ONE PDF or word document
- English Proficiency Test Score: Internationally and domestically accredited Tests (only TOEIC, TOEIC SPEAKING, OPIC, TOEFL, TEPS or IELTS) are accepted
- Those who have completed education in English speaking countries are not required to submit English proficiency test scores. Instead, please attach a copy of graduation certificate as proof.
- When attaching a document Name of File: DOB_Last name_First name.doc / ex: 19900210_Kim_Huiyong.doc
- Application date: Thursday, 21 May 2020 - Monday, 22 June 2020 by 24:00
- Notification: invitation letters will be sent to the selected participants by 1 July 2020 (tbd)
*THE DATES OF YOUTH SUMMER CAMP ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON ASSESSMENT OF COVID-19 SITUATION IN THE REPUBLIC OF KOREAN BY NATIONAL, LOCAL, AND YONSEI UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES AS WELL AS BY THE UNHQ IN NEW YORK.