IVECA Summer Camp 외국인 Mentor 모집:
올 여름 7월 23일부터 8월 3일까지 진행하는 여름캠프에 중고등학생의 그룹프로젝트를 성공적으로 마치는데 멘토 역할을 해줄 Korean-English fluent speaker 를 모집하고자 합니다.
The IVECA Global Virtual Summer Camp is an online program directed towards students with a high interest in global citizenship and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) areas.
The IVECA Summer Camp Mentor will have a one-of-a-kind experience participating in the 2 week virtual Global Summer Camp while guiding the Camp participants. High-level diplomats and STEAM experts will provide daily lectures. Students will collaborate to complete group projects that will be presented at the Global Virtual Roundtable at the end, where leaders from NGOs and international organizations such as the United Nations will share their insightful perspectives on global issues such as climate change and regional conflicts.
The Camp Period: July 22 ~ August 2, US EST
Location: Remote via Zoom
● Camp lecture: 8:00pm - 11:00pm US EST (regularly)
● Before and after the lecture: + 1 hour (possibly)
● Occasional meeting for guiding student project development: any 2 hours between 1am -8am US EST
● A mentor workshop of 2~3 hours in early-mid July before the Camp begins
● Candidates who are located around GMT+7 will be comfortable to work in this position
(e.g. Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Vietnam, West Coast of North America, etc.). Other candidates from different parts of the world need to commit to the working time mentioned above.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
● Lead a small group of 5-6 students and evaluate their progress throughout the Summer Camp
● Communicate regularly and effectively with the IVECA Team and Summer Camp participants in different time zones
● Lead the Summer Camp participants to accomplish the daily tasks in a timely manner
● Attend all training sessions and live virtual meetings leading up to, and during, the summer camp
● Support the Summer Camp participants in the development of their projects by providing meaningful and effective feedback to Summer Camp participants as they develop their projects
● Monitor the Virtual Classroom and group chats, following the guidelines of the IVECA Team
● Maintain a high level of professionalism during the training sessions, live classes, in group chats, and in the Virtual Classroom
Qualifications and Skills:
● Youth with bachelor’s degree and above (Current collegiate students accepted)
● Experience working in a multicultural setting preferred
● High level of personal responsibility and independence
● Cooperative, communicative, engaging, proactive, positive, and kind
● An intermediate or advanced understanding of international relations, public diplomacy, UN sustainable Development Goals, and/or STEAM topics
● A high level of interest in Global Citizenship and collaborative learning projects
● Language: Professional level English required, (Bilingual English and Korean preferred)
Type of Position:
● Contract Position with potential continuation in a part-time internship/employment status
● Mentors will receive monetary compensation upon completion of the camp
● The Mentor will receive a “Certificate of Completion” and highly performing mentors will
receive an award for their contribution
● Those certificate and award will be issued by IVECA International Virtual Schooling in
Special Consultative Status with the UN Economic Social Council and associated with
UN Department of Global Communications
Email your application to email@example.com, including:
● Cover letter
● Resume or CV
● Provide the reference contact information
● (If available) Work portfolio – graphic design (event brochure, etc.) or PowerPoint presentation sample slide(s)
You may send a cover letter and resume/CV first and follow up with the other documents.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.