Tenure-track Position in Philosophy: Yonsei University, South Korea
The Underwood International College (UIC) of Yonsei University invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the Yonsei International Campus in Songdo, located within the greater Seoul metropolitan region. Area of specialization is open, but those with specialization or competency in ethics, Asian philosophy, or history of philosophy are especially encouraged to apply. An ability and willingness to teach Critical Reasoning is also required. Candidates should have a firm commitment to undergraduate liberal arts education.
Teaching responsibilities are 6 credit-hours (2 classes) per semester. The starting date is September 1, 2019 or March 1, 2020. Compensation includes a competitive salary, health insurance, and other benefits. Additionally, new faculty who are not currently resident in Korea are eligible to apply for housing subsidy (for up to 3 years), and a generous relocation and start-up package. Yonsei University’s Underwood International College is a highly selective program at South Korea’s most prestigious private university, and combines the intimate atmosphere and low student-faculty ratio of a liberal arts college with the resources of a major research university. All instruction is in English, and the student body represents over 70 different countries. As part of Yonsei University’s continuing effort to increase faculty diversity, we are only accepting applications from non-Korean citizens.
Due to university regulations concerning transparency in the hiring process, interested applicants should apply online at http://uic.yonsei.ac.kr/professorship/application.asp and submit copies of the required documents listed below by April 30, 2019.
1. Completed Online Application Form (from the above link).
2. Curriculum vitae and cover letter (full name and “UIC Common Curriculum (philosophy)” should be specified in the letter), detailing research and teaching interests.
3. Ph.D. dissertation abstract.
4. Sample teaching syllabi.
5. Teaching evaluations (complete student evaluations from all of your recent teaching assignments are preferable).
6. A signed Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information for (format provided)
7. A completed List of Publications form (format provided).
* For main achievements (up to three), please check “Main Achievement” in the list of research records.
8. Originals or copies of three main publications published after September 2015.
* Originals or copies of all publications and Ph.D. dissertation should be submitted upon request.
9. Two letters of recommendation (the applicant’s full name and “UIC Common Curriculum (philosophy)” should be specified in the letter).
10. Diplomas (or Certificate of Graduation) and transcripts (Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D.).
* Copies are allowed, but original documents should be submitted upon request.
These documents should be sent by mail to the following address:
Ms. Jeesun Kim
Daewoo Annex Hall, Room 301
Yonsei University 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu,
Seoul 03722, Republic of Korea
Prospective applicants are encouraged to look at our website at http://uic.yonsei.ac.kr. Short-listed candidates will be asked to schedule a video-conferencing interview. For further questions about the position, please contact Prof. Nikolaj Pedersen (email@example.com).