General Regulation on Attendance
- Students who do not attend 1/3 of the class or more in a single semester will not be able to receive the credit for the course (and will be automatically graded “F” for the course).
- Absence due to an illness or a death of an immediate or a close family member will be counted as an excused absence when a documentation evidence is submitted to the professor within 7 days of the incident (Attendance may be excused for 5 days in the case of parent’s death, 2 days for death of grandparents, and 1 day for the death of siblings).
Menstruation Absence for Female Students
- Menstruation absences are permitted for a maximum of 5 days per semester, and a maximum of 2 days per request. Once the student uses their menstruation absence, they cannot apply for another menstruation absence before 3 weeks.
- Students may print the absence request form at: portal.yonsei.ac.kr → Academic Management → [Curriculum/Course] → Attendance Requirement Waiver.
- Approval or disapproval of the absence is under the discretion of the professor (Absence waivers are not accepted for Chapel, examinations, and evaluations).
- Students must submit the absence request within 10 days of the absence date.
- For lectures with more than 120 students, attendance is taken electronically using the student ID card or the Y-Attend mobile application.
- 10 minutes before the starting time - 5 minutes late：Attendance
- 5 minutes - 20 minutes late：Tardy
- 20 minutes late or more：Absent
- 15minutes before the starting time - 5 minutes 59 seconds late : Attendance
- 6 minutes late or more：Absent